Monday 5 December 2016

DIY December, Day 5 of Christmas Craft making

5th December

A couple of days ago I mused over ways to reduce wastage at Christmas and today I thought of a way to help in a small way. When creating any sort craft there's always going to be left over craft bits. Pieces of string, cuts of paper, and perhaps stickers that were more than what was needed for the project. Today I took a look through my craft boxes to look for things that more than likely I would have thrown out and instead will make them into Christmas Cards.

 Handmade Christmas Card

  • I looked through the scrap bits of paper to find a couple that I could use for the card. Once trimming the green polkadot the width was a little shorter than I'd like it to be, so I lined the pieces up leaving a border on the right hand side.
  • To hide the gap in the middle of the scraps of paper and the gap in the side I added some gold patterned craft tape to the middle and side.
  • I ran a strip of double sided tape along the middle of the card to attach a bit of left over gold tinsel from my Day 1 of DIY December.
  • I also had a Merry Christmas sticker that had lost its stickiness and had a blue border around it. i trimmed the border and added double sided tape to the bottom of the sticker so it would stick again.

To finish it off I added some Christmas themed bird stickers to the red area. The card was really quick to make and was a mix of scrap and already owned craft items.

No comments:

Post a Comment