Friday 9 December 2016

DIY December, Day 6 of Christmas Craft making

9th December

Well I have some posts lined up that I'll have to stagger over a few days as they haven't been posted.

How I Store My Christmas Lights


How do you store your Christmas decorations? I have a plastic tree so I just store that in the box it came in, I put my Christmas baubles in a small storage container with a lid, and my Christmas lights... generally a hot mess.





This is a very simple tutorial to store your Christmas lights where they won't become a tangled nightmare. All you need is some cardboard and scissors.



I had an A4 piece of cardboard which is a good size to fit into my small storage container. I cut some 1.5inch bits out of the sides which is where you'll wrap the light string.


 Starting with the end closest to the power plug, start wrapping the light string around the piece of cardboard. This way next Christmas you'll be able to control its unraveling rather than it becoming a tangled bunch of knots.



No comments:

Post a Comment